Hanzi Helper is designed as an aid for the study of Chinese characters (in Mandarin, "hanzi")
used for writing Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Hanzi Helper maintains a list of characters that you are studying. It lets you make practice
sheets for these characters, and exports the character data into a variety of formats for use in
other applications. It's a way of remember what you should know and testing yourself,
as well as practicing new characters you just learned.
The features include:
Besides the built-in functionality, HanziHelper can export data for the following applications:
- Keeps a record of the characters you have learned so far, and lets you view and add to this list.
- Prints practice sheets based on these characters for practicing your writing or testing yourself on your memory of the characters.
- Displays the stroke order of characters.
- Allows export into a variety of formats.
- Can place a reminder application in thecorner of your screen, showing the characters you're learning.
This application is free and the source code is available under the LGPL license. For more information, or to report a bug or feature request, see the Sourceforge project page.
If you use this application, consider letting the developer know what you thought of it.
- Dragon Char for PalmOS (direct PDB export)
- SuperMemo (via "Q&A" export)
- SuperMemo for PalmOS (via text export)
- Microsoft Excel (via XML export)
- VTrain for Windows
- PlecoDict for PalmOS/PocketPC